What is Digital Signage?
Digital Signage is a highly visible, dynamic and interactive way to communicate with your audience. It creates an impressive viewer experience that can engage, educate and empower.
Performing a similar function to traditional signage, digital signage is not static or dull and has the ability to attract customers and comes with a low maintenance cost. Printed posters in retail settings that communicate a sale or holiday hours have to be updated each week, printed and shipped to many locations. With digital signage, you can avoid these issues and update content with a click of a button.
Many businesses are already experiencing the advantage of using Digital Signage to effectively communicate to their target audience.
The 4 Elements of a Digital Signage System
1. Digital Display
Function: Responsible for displaying Content
- Commercial grade display
- Portrait or landscape orientations can be used
- Not a television set
2. Media Player
Function: Downloads content from the server and plays it on the digital display
- Built for 24/7 use
- Specifically designed and tested for digital signage
3. Content Management System (CMS) Platform
Function: Software used to manage screens and content
- Easy to use
- Schedule specific content
- Design content with text, images, video, weather and news feeds
4. Mount or Stand
Function: Secures a screen in the optimal viewing position
- Variety of mounting options
- Floor mounts, rolling mounts, wall mounts or ceiling mounts
- Customized mounting also available
These four elements make up a Digital Signage System. It will enable you to easily and effectively communicate with your target audience. If you are looking for a better way to reach your customers, this is definitely the way to go!